Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 14, 2013

Hi everyone.  The last project that we were talking about got put on the back burner.  I ran out of the brown crackle fabric for the sashing, so that is on hold until I pick up some more.  In the mean time...

We had precut a bunch of star blocks to sell and one of the quilt shows to raise money for our group.  I was lucky enough to end up with the blocks that didn't sell.  There are a bunch of them so you will be seeing them in many projects to come. But, here is the first project, it all started with this.

I made a bunch of the blocks up and decided to start with the red tipped stars.


I also have a pile of orphan blocks, so I decided to take one of the blue tipped stars and one of the orphan blocks and put them in the middle of the layout.  I usually do a quick sketch of the lay out I want to give myself a blue print.  (I will spare you that photo of scribbles).  I decided I wanted to make some flying geese. Here is the layout I came up with.


After a bunch of flying geese and matching points, here is the finished top.


This will go off for quilting this week, and I will be starting a new project.  I might use this same layout but change up the fabric to see if I can get a different secondary design.. Not sure yet.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment